Monday 11 February 2013

Woo Cal

So here it goes our first blog post. 
I'm going to give you a quick update of what I've been up to and of course shamelessly brag about my alter ego Stitchie Wonder. I wish you were here or I was there so we could start up our own little Wooly Knickers business but this will have to do for now.

Have I told you how much I love my Christmas Wreath? Nothing beats a handmade gift. It couldn't have come at a better time as well as I lost all my Christmas decorations moving house last year. I have now started a new collection and this will take pride of place for many many years to come.
My attempt at creative editing 

As you know I love sewing and creating as Stitchie Wonder but you definitely inspire me to try my hand at knitting again. All I have done so far is a knitted scarf. I did this using the Cath Kidston Knitting Book. I would really recommend this handy little kit for anyone who wants to try knitting for the first time. I love all of Cath Kidston books and sewing bits n bobs. I love the vintage look to them.

My first crochet hat
complete with felt bow



I decided to try crochet and so far so good. What do you think? I like how fast your projects start to look like what they show in the pattern. 


My first hedgehog
I think I'll have to make more
Speaking of patterns, I love everything Sarah at Dolls and Daydreams sells in her pattern shop. I created the most adorable hedgehog today using her pattern. I love the fact that her hair is even long enough to brush and style. Sarah's patterns are so easy to follow that I have made her Tiny TotSkeledollEasy Girl Doll and Dinosaur Softies already. 

You can see pic's of these over on Stitchie Wonder.

So Cal tell me, what have you been up to? 
Mel
xxx

2 comments: